Transverse Mercator Calculator
A facility for converting latitude/longitude co-ordinates to co-ordinates in metres on a
Transverse Mercator projection. An Excel Workbook is also available on this page to carry out bulk conversions.
- The results of using the calculator provided on this page are believed to be accurate to 1
metre, but the accuracy is not in any way guaranteed.
- The results will certainly not, however, be accurate to 1
metre in situations where lat/long co-ordinates are based on a geodetic
datum which is different from that used in the selected conversion.
- Do not enter negative values for lat/long co-ordinates west of Greenwich or south of the
equator. Specify W or S instead.
- There are few validity checks on the input data.
- For UTM conversions, the option exists for automatic
calculation of the Central Meridian or manual entry of the Central
Meridian. The calculation assumes that the standard UTM longitude zones
are 6 degrees wide, except for the special zones around Svalbard and
south-west Norway. For projections outside of the standard UTM zones
you should manually enter the Central Meridian for the projection